Best Pepper Mills is one of the most popular spices in most kitchens, and many of our soups, meat sauces, pasta, grilled meat, and salads can’t be as tasty and juicy without a spicing and seasoning of pepper. If you regularly spice and season your cooking with pepper, then you probably know that it’s best to grind your pepper corns when you need the pepper, since it loses its flavor as soon as its ground. This is why most kitchen shelves and counters have a handy pepper mill for when the need to grind peppercorns arises. Pepper mills are really handy for grinding and holding your pepper corns, and if you are considering buying one, this top 3 best pepper mills 2020 review, will assist you to get the best for your kitchen.
Relate Post :
- best electric pepper mill
- Best Cheese Slicers
- Best Electric Cigarette Rolling Machine
- Best shampoo for dry scalp
- best vegetable choppers
Table Of Contents
Top 3 Best Pepper Mills 2020 Review
1. Cole and Mason Derwent Pepper Grinder
The Cole and Mason Derwent is a stylishly designed stainless steel and clear acrylic pepper mill with a precision grinding mechanism, with 6 precision grinding settings for coarse to fine grinding. This durable, hour glass shaped pepper mill comes with a hard carbon steel grinding mechanism for even precision grinding, and its clear acrylic shaft lets you know when you need to refill the mill. Apart from its classy design, ease of cleaning and light weight, this pepper mill is easily refillable by simply raising its top up. And, while the clear acrylic can expose the pepper corns to sunlight, this pepper mill is durable and its stylish design is perfect for any kitchen that wants quick grinding.
2. Peugeot 23317 Paris U’ Select Pepper Mill
This classic manual pepper mill stands out for its two-stage pepper grinding mechanism, that release the rich flavor in your pepper corns by first cracking them before grinding. With a sleek beach wood design, this pepper mill will give you the finest grind of your pepper, and it comes with 6 easily adjustable grinding settings at its base, that will give you coarse to fine powder grinds. Apart from being easy to refill and keep clean, this pepper mill grinds your pepper corns at high speed, and it comes with a full metal steel grinding mechanism that makes it highly durable. While not the best option if your wrist or grip is weak, the Peugeot 23317 Paris U’ Select is the perfect combination of style, speed, and fine grinding, and it comes in various sizes.
3. Unicorn Magnum Plus Pepper Mill
With a 9 inch ABS Plastic body design to prevent moisture from reaching the pepper corns, the Unicorn Magnum Plus is our best pick because of its speed, capacity, and ease of use. This large size pepper mill has a one and a quarter cup capacity for a high grind output and comes with a superior steel grinding mechanism, that gives speed and precision to all your grinding. The Unicorn Magnum also has a sliding side mounted ring that can be easily opened for easy refill, as well as a bottom thumb screw that allows for coarse to medium fine grind setting. Although relatively expensive, this pepper mill is easy to clean, easy to move around and has a smooth and stylish black design perfect for your kitchen counter.
So, What Is A Pepper Mill?
Handy and best for on the go grinding, pepper mills are kitchen tools used to grind fresh whole pepper corns into coarse or fine ground pepper. Whether manual or electric, pepper mills hold whole peppercorns at the top, which move by gravity into a grinding mechanism, and are ground into fine or coarse pepper by using a crank handle or a push button to twist the pepper mill. These plastic, wood or metallic cylinders are a quick option for your cooking, then the traditional pestle and monitor, and most come with a steel or ceramic grinding mechanism for quick and uniform grinding of your pepper corns. Freshly ground pepper corns give your cooking a richer pepper flavor and aroma since the fresh pepper is less exposed to the air, which makes it retain its intense flavor. So, if you want to take your cooking to a whole new level by giving it a fresh and richer pepper flavor, then a pepper mill is a must have the companion in your kitchen.
The Best Choice For Your Kitchen
How do you choose the best pepper mill for making your pepper when you have millions of options to choose from? Why do you go for a particular type and leave the rest on the shelf? Well, to assist you answer these questions, and get the best pepper mill for your kitchen, this top 3 best pepper mill 2020 review considers the following guides when selecting the best pepper mill;
- Material: A metal pepper mill is your best pick if you are looking for durability, but it’s usually heavier and can be a problem to lift and twist. Wood is also a durable option, but it usually has metallic grinders which make it heavy. It can also be hard to keep clean. Plastic pepper mills are also durable, easy to keep clean and are light to lift and operate. Their downside is that they get brittle and crack after some time.
- Manual or electric: Manual pepper mills tend to be quiet and don’t require a battery to operate, and, with some cranking or twisting using your hand, you can grind more pepper quickly. Electric pepper mills are battery operated, and are easy to use. They are the best pick for those with a weak grip or wrist, and are handy for bulk pepper corn grinding, at the push of a button.
- Grinding mechanism: Pepper mill grinding mechanisms can be made of either stainless steel, ceramic or acrylic, and your choice determines how durable your pepper mill will be. Acrylic will wear out quickly and will not give a consistent grind for long, while ceramic is very durable, easy to clean and can be used as a salt grinder. However, stainless steel is most durable and gives a consistent grind for long.
- Design and style: Pepper mills come in different designs and colors, and when choosing the best one for your kitchen, consider a design and color that matches your preference, and one that won’t look redundant with time. Also, pepper mills with ergonomic and non-slip grip design features will be easy and safe to use.
- Easy to use: Choose a pepper mill which has an adequate opening for filling pepper corns, to avoid your pepper corns spilling on your kitchen top and floor. Also, make sure your pepper mill is easy to crank or twist, and it comes with easy to adjust coarseness settings as this will make grinding quick and easy.
- Capacity: If you will be grinding large amounts of pepper corns, you want to make sure you get a pepper mill that can hold more pepper corns, and is strong enough to give you a good grind just the way you like it. However, if you don’t need a lot of ground pepper for your home cooking, a small or medium sized pepper mill may be your best pick.
Pepper mills are perfect grinding tools that your kitchen can’t do without especially if you like your pepper spicing and seasoning smelling fresh with a rich tasty flavor. This top 3 best pepper mill 2020 review has presented you with the Cole and Mason Derwent Pepper Grinder, the Peugeot 23317 Paris U’ Select Pepper Mill, and of course, the Unicorn Magnum Plus Pepper Mill, which are the best pepper mills currently on offer in the market. Best of luck as you choose the best for your kitchen.